PGi® NUMBERING POLICY
PGi Numbering Policy
To obtain new telephone numbers (“TNs”) or porting of any existing TN’s for use with PGi provided Services, Customer agrees to the requirements of this numbering policy (“Numbering Policy”). All capitalized terms used herein without definition shall have the meaning ascribed thereto in the applicable underlying agreement.
A. TN Availability
PGi shall use its best efforts to provide sufficient TNs for use with its Services but does not guarantee TN availability. Customer shall have the right to select available TNs to be assigned to Customer’s account; provided, that Customer will obtain TNs from PGi in amounts only reasonably necessary for Customer and Customer’s support of End Users in accordance with reasonable and customary business practices.
The completion of any port request may depend on factors outside of PGi’s control and porting delays may result from the actions or inactions of Customer and/or other service providers. The porting of TNs requires (i) Customer’s provision of correct and complete information to PGi and/or other service providers; (ii) compliance with all required procedures of (and cooperation with) PGi, any existing service provider(s) or other relevant third party, and (iii) compliance with all applicable laws and industry standards.
1. Porting In. Customer cannot terminate services with its existing service provider prior to completion by PGi of all needed port-in requests. To initiate the porting of a TN into PGi’s network, Customer must complete all steps required by PGi and provide all information reasonably necessary for PGi to be able to complete such port-in request (including, without limitation, the provision of all required and fully executed Letters of Agency) or as otherwise requested by PGi or required by law.
2. Porting Out. PGi is required by law to comply with any valid request to port a TN away from PGI to a different service provider (“port-outs”). TNs may (without Customer’s knowledge or authority) be ported away from Customer’s account due to acts or omissions of third parties. In the event of such a port-out, (i) PGi may be unable to retrieve such TNs or port such TN’s back into PGi’s network and (ii) PGi takes no responsibility or liability resulting therefrom.
3. Accurate Information. Customer represents and warrants that all information provided by it (or any party acting on its behalf or direction) in connection with any port in or port out request (including without limitation any information or representations in any Letter of Agency) will be true, accurate, and up-to-date.
4. Customer Compliance. Customer (or any party acting on its behalf or direction) shall comply with all applicable laws and regulations. In addition to the foregoing, Customer shall ensure that it (or any party acting on its behalf or direction) does not (i) engage in any fraudulent or deceptive conduct in its porting-related requests or activities; (ii) engage in or facilitate “slamming” or the port out of any TN or change or attempt to change any party’s service provider without first obtaining the all required consents and authorizations; or (iii) violate any contractual or other obligations to other third parties.
5. Release of TNs. If Customer’s applicable Services are terminated or cancelled, all remaining TNs associated which such terminated or cancelled Services may be released. Its Customer’s sole responsibility to work with its new service provider to complete the port out of all needed TNs prior to such Service termination or cancellation. Customer shall remain liable to PGi for any and all traffic over a TN prior to completion of a valid and successful port-out of such TN.
C. Publication of TNs
Customer shall not publicize, list, or communicate any TN assigned to it, or purchase or invest in any materials or media reflecting any such TN unless and until each of Customer and PGi has verified that such TN(s) is(are) active and functioning as desired. Acceptable verification shall include test calling such number(s) from a non-PGi service plan and confirming that the fees and charges that will be incurred in connection with use of such TN(s) are acceptable to Customer.
D. Additional Numbering Requirements
1. Routing. PGi will route all calls for N11 Services based on the originating ten-digit TN received to determine the appropriate receiving party. PGi is not responsible for the routing of calls to an incorrect receiving party if the originating ten-digit TN received is not located or associated with the given local or regional receiving party.
2. Blocking. Customer shall not, and shall instruct End Users not to, block their TN number on their handsets when calling 911. Customer acknowledges and agrees that, as between Customer and PGi, it is Customer’s sole responsibility to provision such location information to PGi as contemplated herein.
3. Emergency Calling. Customer must provide PGi with a correct and valid emergency response address for all applicable TNs. The address information provided must include sufficient information to enable emergency responders to locate the calling party and must comply with any applicable multiline telephone system requirements. For example, if Customer’s or End User’s location is a multi-story building, Customer must provide floor and suite number in addition to address information. Customer is solely responsible to promptly update this information whenever necessary to reflect changes.
4. ANI. Customer will provide ANI with every call made using the Services. PGi will have no obligation to provide Services with respect to any call that does not include ANI and will not be liable for any claims arising from any efforts undertaken by PGi to provide Services under such circumstances.